Cedric Crear has a proven history of success both academically and professionally. Cedric earned a B.S. from Howard University in Washington, D.C. where he received a tennis scholarship. He was also captain of the team for three years and a two-time conference champion.
Cedric previously worked for Stations Casinos as a marketing director, where he proved himself a capable leader while working at the company's most elite properties. Since then, Cedric has only gone on to bigger and better things in his professional life. Most notably, the founding of Crear Creative Group, which provides full-service marketing, advertising and consulting solutions to regional and global businesses. Cedric has served as president since it was founded eight years ago, and also serves as president of Crear Outdoor Advertising.
On top of this, Cedric Crear was elected to the Board of Regents in 2006, and was retained in the 2012 election as the representative for District 1 in Clark County. Cedric currently serves as chair of the Cultural Diversity and Title IX Compliance Committee and Vice Chair of the Business, Finance and Facilities Committee and the Investment Committee. Cedric is also a member of the Athletics Committee, and in July 2013, he was chosen to serve on the UNLV Campus Improvement Authority Board of Directors. Additionally, in 2015, the current Ward 5 Councilman appointed Cedric as a Las Vegas Planning Commissioner.
Cedric is currently serving his second term in his elected position as a Regent for the Nevada System of Higher Education and as a board member of The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. Cedric possesses an unparalleled passion for his community and developing the highest quality product possible, and can always be found in the office leading his team by example.
- Howard University, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Science
- President, Crear Outdoor Advertising, 2010-present
- President, Crear Creative Group, 2005-present
- Business Consultant, SBC Telecommunications, 2005-2005
- Chief Marketing Officer, Vestin Group, Inc., 2003-2004
- Director of Marketing, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 2002-2003
- Director of Marketing, Palace Station Hotel & Casino, 2002
- Director of Marketing, Barley's Casino & Brewery, 2000-2002
- Director of Casino Marketing, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 1999-2000
- Casino Marketing Manager, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 1998-1999
- Hotel Sales Manager, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 1997-1998
- Player Development Manager, Station Casinos Kansas City, 1996-1997
- Management Trainee, Palace Station Hotel & Casino, 1994-1996
- General Manager-Reservations & Sales, Las Vegas Reservation Systems, 1992-1994
Civic, Community, Charitable, Public and Professional Service
- Chairman, Southern Nevada Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Member, Board of Directors of The Smith Center of the Performing Arts
- Member, UNLV Campus Improvement Authority Board
- Former Executive Committee Member, Caucus of African-American Nevadans
- Volunteer, Andre Agassi Foundation